CONTACT DAVE HUGHES SIGNATURE CUSTOM HOMES
Dave Hughes builds energy saving luxury custom homes in Conroe, Willis, Montgomery, Tomball, Magnolia and Plantersville. They are some of the most efficient homes in the business. The pinnacle of our energy saving features comes from two sources: the Power-Saver 1200, a high efficiency capacitor which stores and delivers power more efficiently, and EnviroSmart Stabilized Cellulose insulation which has been proven to be as much as 26% more efficient than fiberglass insulation.
EnviroSmart Stabilized Cellulose Insulation
The Power-Saver 1200 is a small gray box that fits neatly next to your power breaker panel. The unit was designed with the homeowner in mind lowering electricity usage, lowering electric bills, increasing motor and appliance life and providing surge suppression for the equipment inside your home. Residential customer throughout North America could see a typical savings of 10-25% on the power bill.
EnviroSmart Stabilized Cellulose is superior insulations made primarily from recycled newspaper. Not only is it environmentally smart it is proven to out-perform traditional fiberglass insulation by almost 26%. With efficiency ratings similar to that of foam type insulations, if has distinct advantages to foam. With foam if you have to perform repairs to any wall where foam was used to insulate the wall, reapplying the insulation can be costly and difficult. With stabilized cellulose insulation you can simply remove the insulation, and reinsert once repairs are completed.
Additional Energy Features
In addition to the two pinnacles of our energy savings features, each Dave Hughes home comes with the following energy saving features:
- Double Pane Low-E Insulated Grips
- Radiant Barrier Roof Decking
- Blown-in Cellulose
- 16 Seer High Efficiency AC R-6 Foil Blacked Duct Work Sealed with Mastic Full 2-Year Warranty by DHSCH.
- Poly-Seal Foam Insulation at Sole Plate, on Exterior Walls, Windows, Exterior Doors, and Mechanical Penetrations.
- Attic Ventilation Consisting of Continuous Soffit Vents for Intake Venting & Power Vent for Exhaust Venting.
- Tankless Water Heaters with 3 or more Bathrooms, and One 50 Gallon Water Heater with 2 or 2.5 Bathrooms (per plan).
- Efficient Gas Furnace with Electrical Ignitions.
- Digital Thermostats.
- Convenient Low Maintenance Media Air Filter.
- Improved Air Flow Throughout the Home, Using a System of Return Air and Transfer Ducts.
- Natural Gas Supplied to Fireplace, Cook Top, and Dryer Locations.
- Energy Efficient Processed Can to Produce Air Breakage.